If you are experiencing heel pain, then you need to know the right ways to treat it. Heel pain can be excruciating and very annoying. Heel pain is a very common problem that can be resolved very easily through the right heel pain treatment options. It can also be treated in non invasive and non surgical ways. Heel pain is usually a form of plantar fasciitis which is a condition that is the overuse after an injury. Some signs and symptoms include stabbing heel pain within the first several steps of your day.
If you are experiencing heel pain, then you already know how painful and annoying it is. Yet, there are ways to treat it! If you want to find the right ways to treat your heel pain, then you will want to first know and understand all of the many ways that can be used to help you treat your heel pain. Listed here are several of the many ways to treat heel pain:
- Rest! It is vital that you rest your foot and try to use your heel as little as possible. This is hard as it is a vital part of walking but it is very important and you will want to rest it in order to get better.
- Use ice. Ice is a great method that is used for reducing inflammation as well as easing the pain. There are many great reasons to use ice and you should use it to help alleviate pain and to reduce the swelling if swelling has started to occur. You should use ice for 10-15 minutes every day at least twice a day.
- Take over-the-counter medications for pain. This will help to alleviate the pain while also working to reduce the inflammation and swelling at the same time.
- Wear the right shoes. You will also want to assess what is causing the heel pain. If your shoes are too tight then you will want to be sure that you find shoes that fit properly in order to alleviate the pain in your heels and give them room to move around.
- Use heel lifts. You can also insert heel lifts or orthotics into your shoes that will help to relieve the pain as well.
- EPAT treatment. This is a great non invasive treatment that you can find through the right doctor’s office. This is a type of treatment that will allow you to get rid of both your plantar fasciitis as well as your heel pain. You can try this latest technology that the best Colorado podiatrist’s offices are now using and you can find the right ways to treat your heel pain.
As you can see, there are many different ways that you can use in order to treat your heel pain. If you are experiencing heel pain, then you will want to reach out to the right experts that can help you find the right methods that will work for you, such as shockwave therapy. You can start by reaching out to the experts over at Podiatry Associates. They can help you right away.